Friday 6 March 2015

#India'sDaughter


I have no criminal record. I have never felt this excruciating desire to smother somebody so hard that he doesn't see light again. Never before have I felt my self clenching my fists while browsing through YouTube. If you ask people who know me, I bet nobody would tell you that I have a violent streak and yet, somehow, the documentary about Jyoti Singh's (I think we should stop calling her Nirbhaya.. The shame-ship has long sailed!) rape and murder case instigated those emotions within. And I'm sure I share the feeling with every human being who has seen the documentary and has an organ commonly referred to as "The Heart". For people who haven't watched it, here's what you'll find in the video if you manage to watch it before our "conservative" government decides to ban it:
 
 
1) The Shameless convicts
 
Mukesh, one of the primary accused in the case had more screen-time than anyone else. But, someone forgot to tell him that this was not something to be proud about. The first sentence that comes out of his good-for-nothing mouth is that, "She was more responsible for the rape than us". This, to me is an ideal example of how so-called "men" are being raised in this blessed country with a rich heritage of traditions and customs. Traditions that dictates what women should wear and what time of the day to come back home at and customs that tell them that they'll get raped if they don't follow those traditions. So, they're essentially taught that you will get raped if you take a step here or there. Its as if some Mukesh was listening to this conversation and giving a vicious smile. I have an eye on you and your boundaries.. I dare you to step out.

Throughout the documentary this guy literally vomits the mentality that has plagued our country for centuries. Excerpts like:

"We taught her a lesson that it was not appropriate to roam around with a guy late at night"
"There are bigger crimes in the country and people don't get hanged for that"
"Hanging us will make things worse, rapists who used to leave the victim after rapping them will now kill the victim because of the fear of being penalized for rape if the victim goes to the Police"

blah, blah, blah!

I commend the reporter who recorded all this and still left that ignorant son of a bitch with all his teeth still in their respective places. The 59 minute video doesn't have even a single second that shows regret on his I-want-to-punch-it-so-hard face.


2) Our highly educated lawyers

...And we thought lawyers were well educated. A perfect example again, of the fact, that books alone don't make you a good human being. Mr. M.L. Sharma, a well educated lawyer (I hope) is full of metaphors of girls being flowers and diamonds and this and that... which is why, they should be kept hidden. Basically, he tried to sugarcoat the fact that he doesn't want women to have any rights except deciding how much grocery is required in the kitchen. Then there was Mr. AP Singh, another highly educated lawyer (I hope, again!) representing the small-brained fraternity of secular India who went to the extent of saying that if his own daughter went with "male friends" at that hour of the night, he had the courage to pour petrol on her and burn her alive. Mr AP Singh, sir, I believe someone tricked you into learning the definition for idiocracy for courage. I don't blame your law books for that, but, you need to get that sorted.


3) Our Opinioned Politicians

I believe enough has been said about them and we're well aware of how low or how shallow their brains can be. Enlightened opinions like:

"Eating fastfood brings hormonal changes and triggers rape"
"Girls wear short clothes and are also responsible for getting raped"
"Boys will be boys and boys make mistakes. This doesn't mean we hang them"

blah, blah, blah............. I'm just thankful to god to have blessed us with "Common Sense" or otherwise I'm not sure how far we could come with such so-called leaders.


I'm not sure why the government decided to ban it, but, if we can see our leaders washing their dirty linen in public all the time, I think we can live with this documentary for sure.

Its a shame that we have to share the limited oxygen with people like Mukesh and other convicts and the lawyers and all the likes for that matter. A humble request to the Supreme Court`to have them hung or if they can't do it, give anyone the right to kill them and that I'm sure you'll find volunteers for that.


Here's the documentary below: I hope it doesn't get removed.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment